We hope you love your new jewellery and we want to help it last longer than a single lifetime. Caring for your pieces is the best way to keep them looking their best for you to enjoy and to preserve them for generations to come.
- Clean your jewellery at home with warm, mildly soapy water and a very soft brush - we recommend a soft toothbrush and a dash of Fairy liquid. Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Remove rings and bracelets before doing any task that might knock or rub them
- Keep well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- When storing jewellery, keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions. Keep items separate by wrapping them in tissue or cloth when travelling, or stored in separate compartments in a jewellery box. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Fasten chains when storing to avoid tangling.
Security and insurance
- Insuring precious items protects you in the event they are lost or stolen.
- It is good practice to keep receipts safe and take photos of your jewellery so that you have evidence of ownership as insurance companies may request to see this.
- Keeping items in a safe, if available, is recommended.